SUPPORTED EMPLOYMENT AT FOCUS
What is Supported Employment?
Supported Employment connects you with employers so you can quickly return to work. We focus on your interests, targeting jobs in your area that fit your skills, income needs, and expectations. Focus provides expert career advice, placement services, and strong follow-along support to enhance your success.
What are the benefits of work?
When you work, you have more choices about what to buy and where to live. Structure and routine can help you feel more hopeful and positive about yourself and your future. Working expands your social network and support system. Work enhances your quality of life!
What can I expect from my Focus Employment Specialist?
The role of your Focus Employment Specialist is to connect you with employers. We know the hiring needs of companies in your area so we can help you land those jobs. Focus offers you professional mentoring and coaching throughout the networking, application and interview process.
How do I access Focus’ Supported Employment services?
Supported Employment services are conveniently offered at Provider Network clinics throughout Maricopa County. You can call us directly, or speak to your case manager or Rehab Specialist at the clinic. Our goal is to start services as quickly as possible to get you back to work!
Supported Employment Services are provided a no cost to you with your Title XIX or Non-Title XIX benefits.
Supported Employment Works!
- Member Choice: Choices about work are based on your preferences, strengths and experiences. No one is excluded from participating.
- Integrated Services: Focus works closely with your clinical team to enhance success and meet your needs.
- Competitive Jobs: Focus helps you find work that pays minimum wage or higher.
- Benefits Counseling: You can work and continue receiving benefits. Focus will clarify how benefits (such as Social Security or Medicaid) are impacted by work.
- Timely Services: Focus connects you with employers soon after entering the program.
- Continuous Supports: Focus provides ongoing support and coaching, as needed, to help you acclimate to a new job, or get promoted!